Friday, May 13, 2011

Serenbe

What. A. Day. 

The morning started out with Ian's 18 month well check. It went great! Ian showed off all his skills for Dr. Ogden from all his manners, counting to 12, almost the whole alphabet, ect. After his interaction, and "chats" with Ian, he told us were doing an excellent job, and as far as his milestones go he is at a 2-2.5 year old! He currently weights 26 pounds, and is 33.5 inches tall. A++ Awesome!

Here is e-man 18 months old:


After that we headed off to a little community nestled in a nook of Georgia called Serenbe.


Serenbe  is 40,000 cres protected for green space. It was beautiful. Gourmet dinning, animal farms, hayrides, bonfires, canoeing, fishing, shops, studios, a very LARGE organic farm, and equestrian center.  It was definitely a community that was environmentally responsible, organically healthy, and spiritually and aesthetically stimulating!

We started our visit by eating breakfast at the


                                     
Ian had a peanut butter cupcake (he had oatmeal before his well-check, this was his reward for his A++), Mr. had french toast, and I had scrambled eggs, with sausage, and the best chai latte I have ever had! I tried to snap some photos of Ian here but he really did not want to sit still....

Next we moved on to some shops.....I feel in love with a mirror with a price tag of $575.00, it was that beautiful, and sadly it is still on the wall in the shop.

Lately I also been bored with my earth tan, brown, beige color palette in my living room, I want to bring in BRIGHT colors, and make it more happy. I have been on the look out and really had to look no further after today:
 
The chair complete with throw pillows. Again, the price was not right. After looking around a little bit we met "Steve", he showed us the Montessori school, which was a little piece of amazing! And spoke with me about the Charter school opening in the fall. In the middle of our conversation he walked me up 3 flights of stairs and introduced me to the principal who would like my resume and cover letter ASAP. (This is the back up plan if we cannot sell our house.) The new school will be amazing!!!!
 
Then we took in some sights:

 
and checked out real estate
 

Mr. knew it was coming, and he was very cooperative. I always complain that we have pictures of him, and Ian, and of Ian, but none of all of us, so he bought me a tripod for Mother's Day, and this was the perfect place to put it to us. None of the results are 100%, but it sure captures us as a family naturally!




Thanks Babe- your the best!

After this we walked around the farm area, Ian loved looking at the animals and making their noises. He was most proud to be my assistant, and carry the tripod, I hope he always wants to be helper!





Time for lunch...we headed to 'the hill'....all organic from the community. Mr. had a burger, I had chicken, and e-man ate French fries. Ian and I love dit, Mr. not a fan. (he is very picky)



 When we got home..Mr. realized that e-man felt hot, and so I monitored him, and after about 45 min, I knew something was up. I took his temp and it was 102. ugh. He slept for about an hour, took it again 103.2, double ugh. We gave him a bath, and some pedilite, and he did not want to leave his mommy. We laid on the couch and snuggled and Ian slept again. When he woke we gave him some medicine, and he finally ate a few goldfish, and 2 bits of his banana, and feel asleep again. His body feels cooler, but he is still moaning a lot. I hate when he is sick, I am sure all other mothers agree. You kinda feel helpless. I hate that he just keep saying ut oh, and couldn't explain what hurt. I wish I had a wand, and could make him all better. I was crying, and Mr. reminded me, that I was doing all I could do, and am a great mother. Hopefully he sleep's it off, and will be back to him old self tomorrow.

                                                         Have a great weekend Y'all!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time and the family pics turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete